Friday, November 9, 2012

Ozzies, a Kiwi, and Montezuma's Revenge


Oh My...

We met some amazing boys here at Adventurec in Vera Cruz. Two of them are from Australia (Riley and Marlow), one of them from New Zealand (Sandy), yet all three live in Canada which I’ve come to find out is very common. I don’t know if it’s their positive attitude, politeness, accent, or all three combined, but I love these boys. Riley in particular is always just so stoked on life. 

Every time I look over at him, he’s grinning from ear to ear and I have no idea what goes on in his head. He also rocks a sweet mullet so how could I not love this kid? Marlow is always without shoes and can’t smile without his tongue hanging out, and Sandy kinda just cruises around, open for any conversation and never turns down a beer. Everything they say ends with “ay?” and it’s become quite contagious around here.  

We’ve only been here a few days and the boys are already walking zombies with bodies sore from head to toe. The other 7 of us in the hostal are getting over a two-day Montezuma’s Revenge and we’re guessing we all ate the same thing but no one is sure. I walked out of my room yesterday on my way to vomit, and Smiley Riley says “WOW you look like shit, ay?” Five hours later, he was in the same boat. Gotta love Mexico.  


Top Left: Riley charging Meat Locker, Andrew scouting the 40ft fall into Silencio
Middle Left: Marlow scouting the 62ft Tomata 1, Boys at Big Banana Falls, Chris at Meat Locker
Bottom Left: Smiley Riley, Marlow 

No comments:

Post a Comment