Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Day I Used AAA... Twice

By far, the highlight of my last couple days was building a successful fire in less than 10 minutes. I've become a total dirt bag and instead of buying a bundle of wood for $5, I walk around the other sites and take wood people leave behind. Dontjudgeme. I've been loving Oregon and being able to sit outside and journal under trees larger than life. Beauty is all around me!


I made it about ONE mile out of Newport, OR when my truck decided she had other plans (it's a she because she's moody). I made it to the side-ish of the road and called AAA and I think the lady was more interested in hearing about my road trip than being stranded on hwy 101 needing a tow truck.  Three hours and $400 later, I was on the road.

Clockwise from top left: Sea Lion Cave, Beverly State Beach, Devil's Punch Bowl, and Spencer Creek Trail 

After 12 hours of driving, my bank account being bullied, and my nose only getting snottier from a cold I somehow acquired, I put away the camping gear and pulled into a cheap hotel. When the man asked if I had AAA, I could only look at him with an exhausted smile on my face as I crammed a chocolate chip cookie into my mouth. Why yes. Yes I do. Thank you for the discount... and the extra cookie.

When life hands you lemons, give them back and eat the free cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment