Wednesday, May 8, 2013

One Wish

The recent video on Gadling  is a great representation of what's real in our world right now, regardless of where we come from and what we believe in. They asked a variety of people in Jerusalem, if they had one wish, what it would be.

While in Montana with my grandparents, I've had a lot of time to just be, and consider what's important in my life and what truly isn't. I believe people are only as busy as they want to be, and we should never confuse activity with productivity. I now do what makes me happy, be with the people who matter to me, and I leave everything else behind. And I feel more fulfilled than I ever have.

I'm realizing while I'm up here, I'm on earth for a very short time, and so are the people I love most. So I've stopped worrying and even complaining about things out of my control, and I'm focusing on what's been given to me right now at this moment.

Not losing my patience with Nonnie as she asks me for the fifth time in 10 minutes if we need to go to the store for milk, or listening to my grandfather tell me the same story he told me the night before and just sitting there for an hour like it was the first time he told me; these are times when I need to be still, and cherish every moment while I still have them.

My wish is for everyone to stop and think about what's really important in life and to take advantage of it while it's still in front of them.



"You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving." - Rick Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment