Thursday, December 13, 2012

Painting Busses and Giving Interviews

I'm en route to the west coast for surfing and family time. Flights are expensive and the boys need our van on the east coast which leaves me with the only option, take the bus. 

Since I forgot to take Dramamine until right before getting on the 5 1/2 hour bus ride to Mexico City this morning, it took me all of 10 minutes to lose my breakfast. Fail. Since the bathroom was occupied and of course I couldn't hold it in, I painted the back of that bus, only to clean it up with my bare hands. EPIC fail. It's a good thing for hand sanitizer and as all of you could guess, I spent the next five hours hovering the toilet.

Once in Mexico City, I decided to spend the money I don't have on a flight to my next destination because 15 more hours in a bus sounded HEINOUS. Still vomiting, I got the airport and saw there was a flight leaving in 30 minutes. Perfect. Except the lady told me it was $200 for the flight, and get ready for this... $300 for my boards (yyyeah). I just smiled and walked away, accepting defeat.

I felt like I was going to lose it again so I bolted to the bathroom only to be stopped by a girl who assumed I spoke English and kindly asked if she could interview me. FML. I felt like God was really picking on me at that point. I sat with her for 10 minutes as she asked me what I liked most about Mexico, why I come here, etc. Her entire family was there and had a video camera three inches from my face. Gotta love 6th grade school projects. 
Dinner at the bus station 

 I got a cab back to the bus station and met Jesus, who lectured me on why I'm not married with at least a child at 28 years old. Ay yei yei. I suppose it would be strange to a 46 year old man who already has grand kids (his daughter is 31...whhha?) He was nice though and told me to have a shot of 1800 in his name once I made it to the beach in the morning. 

So I've made it to the bus station where I found a corner to lay down and re-coupe with a 7-Up, peanut butter sandwich, and a surprise note from my love that's keeping a smile on my face. I've been approached twice now asking if I'm "that one actress in the 'Corona' telenovela." At the end of a day like this, all I can do is laugh because memories aren't always made because things go right...right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment