Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nexpa to Nexpa

Hooray to no more busses!  I traveled nearly 40 hours by bus in 2 days and I'm thankful to be done with that. After Rio Nexpa with the girls and a two day pamper in Puerto Vallarta with Pops and Alex, I was ready to get back to Andrew and the van.

Round 1 of Nexpa was a success, and luckily my girls and I got some great waves. Besides bed bugs and jellyfish stings all over my body, it was an awesome trip. We met some really great people and I think the highlight was a group bonfire on the beach with everyone in town. Kyle and Gabby were great hosts at Rio Nexpa Rooms and I can't wait to go back.

Top: Clean-up set
Middle: Turkey vultures, Erika and I successful in Rikki having a beer, girl play time
Bottom: View of it all 


In Puerto Vallarta with Pops and Alex, it was Italian food, fancy cocktails by the beach, salon pampering, and nights on the town. Once we were out, I had my boobs grabbed by the waitress, Alex got the elevator eyes from men (PV has a very large gay population), and I was really happy to have a cold and not able to smell anything because I forgot how rancid my dad and brother smell.



Now it's back to tacos, cheap beer, bug spray, and going to bed by 8. On our way up, Andrew and I stopped at a few cool little spots. Playa Ventura is off the beaten path and we didn't want to stay in the concrete jungle of Acapulco (heinous) so we stayed here a couple nights. Not expecting anything really, we found a surf-able wave with no one on it, locals kids that kept asking me for kisses, and turkeys that sounded like old women laughing.



From there we headed towards Zihuatanejo and planned to stay the night somewhere on the beach. We headed down what seemed to be a road and landed at this little gem hidden behind the shrubbery. With not a soul out, we grabbed our boards for a sunset session. Fire ants and Andrew's ear infection kicked us out this morning and now we're heading back towards Truncones/Nexpa area for Christmas where it's going to be sand angels and hammock lounging. La buena vida continues.






No comments:

Post a Comment