Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saladita and Nexpa II

Not much to report since the last post. I love Mexico more every day, I've become obsessed with pelicans and the ice cream in Michoacan, and I can still eat tacos for every meal.

So we spent Christmas in Saladita with some small but fun surf (good thing for long boards). I fell in love with a puppy we named "mini mange" and the camping was pretty epic - secluded, quiet, clean and the perfect place to spend a mellow Christmas.


We made our way back to our beloved, Nexpa. A piece of my heart has been left there permanently and it was bittersweet to leave after a month. Some of the highlights included sunrise beach runs, coffee and journal time, choco-banana smoothies, learning to do a legit bottom turn, watching whales jump  every day, and cooking on the disco over the fire. It was also fun to see so many girls in the water. About 10 girls from Canada showed up and with the few of us already there, we took over the line up.



Andrew thinks I have way too many journals and he might be right just by looking at that stack. Between the book on top and my Bible on the bottom, four journals might need to be slimmed down to one this year. Although, realistically I'll probably acquire one more for good measure. Five is my lucky number after all.

We're posted up in Pascuales for a few weeks until heading north to Aticama again. The lady we stayed with on the way down passed away recently so we'll be paying a visit there for a week with Andrew's parents before heading to the Copper Canyons (so stoked for this). Probably won't have much more to post before then. I'm still living the dream and don't want to wake up!

The film crew from Forge made an awesome video of the boys kayaking in Tlapacoyan so you can see what these crazy boys got themselves into. Not nerve racking at all... Cascada

1 comment:

  1. that video..... simultaneously makes me appreciate their adrenaline rush, and makes me never want to go in a kayak again.

    ReplyDelete