Thursday, July 26, 2012

Enamorado en Baja

The only thing better than quitting my job was telling my boss I needed to take vacation on the 2nd to last week of work. Probably not the most responsible decision, but let's be real here,  one week in Baja changed my entire outlook on life and how I'm going to be living it. 

Reactions from my friends and family have varied when they learn I’ve quit my job to travel. From the “good for you!” to the “I can’t believe you’re leaving such a great job” to the “how can you leave your family like that?”- the answer I have for all of you is-- because I can.

I'm a happy girl on an open road to freedom with good people and amazing experiences ahead. For those of you following me on my travels, keep your prayers high and opinions low. I need all the positive love and energy you can give. 

I love God, I love my family, and I love traveling.  God is with me wherever I go, my family will love me wherever I am, and traveling shapes the core of my existence. 


______________________________________________________________

Psalm 121 “The Travelers Psalm”

1 I lift my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip – he who watches over you will not slumber:
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord watches over you – the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 the Sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm – he will watch over your life;
8  the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment