Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beautiful Beginnings

I asked someone a while back if they could change one thing about them, what would it be? The answer was, "I wish I were a morning person." I thought about that and realized I took for granted my ability to wake up with bells on every day (well. almost every day). Part of the reason I love the mornings is because of the sunrise. My favorite time of day is the hour before the sun comes up, when it's still dark but the sky is fading into a lighter blue, sometimes purple and the stars are still bright.

Walking out of my apartment for a dawn patrol surf, I was greeted with the most beautiful morning. The sky was transitioning, and two stars were in perfect view behind the palm trees. This photo wasn't even edited; it's the natural beauty of the sunrise which never gets old. Don't get me wrong, I love a good sunset, but there's something about a sunrise that makes me breathe deeper.

A sunrise symbolizes the start of a brand new day "with new beginnings, open to changes and surprises. New days will always be coming."

II Samuel 23:4
"He is like the light of morning at sunrise
on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
that brings the grass from the earth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment