Friday, January 6, 2012

"Mamo Bebba"


My niece Jayme is 19 months going on 19 years. I've been teaching her Spanish and she's catching on in the cutest way. "I love you" translates to "Te Amo" and she can't say "Becca" so she says "Bebba." When I put her to bed the other night she said "Mamo Bebba" and the sweet innocence of that child melted my heart.

She's also learning to play like Bebba. When she laughs I blow in her mouth and it makes her squeal like a pig while she tries to block my face with her hands. She then tries to pull my face towards her to do it back to me but gets so squirmy and nervous I'll do it back to her that she forgets what she's trying to do.

She talks to herself, sings out of pitch, hums herself to sleep, laughs hysterically, makes monkey sounds, and loves giving hugs. Apparently, like Bebba, she also loves to pick her nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment