Saturday, January 28, 2012

Forgive

I've learned it's much easier to forgive because the burden of resentment and anger is much heavier than the decision to let it go and look ahead. Forgiveness is giving up the possibility of a better past and it will only become exhausting trying to picture the way it could have been.

I believe in God's greater plan and I also believe He picks on the strong. Andy used to always remind me I'm on a path in life. Certain people and obstacles are put on my path to get me where I need to go in life. I've been extremely tested lately which is fine because I can appreciate a good sweat. While some amazing people have been removed from that path, more have stepped in to remind me why I'm here.

My path right now is going in the direction of forgiveness. No one else in my life is in charge of my happiness except me. If I can't make myself happy, I'll never make anyone happy and let's be honest, making people happy is what I live for. To do that, I'm going to accept, forgive, and move on. God is LOVE.


When you forgive, you love, and when you love, God's light shines on you. 
       -Into the Wild

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have learned so much about you by reading your blog. I am very impressed and I enjoy your posts. Keep writing and I will keep reading!

    ReplyDelete