Monday, September 21, 2015

The Purpose of Life is to Have a Life of Purpose

Many of us don't know our purpose in life. We spend years, maybe our whole lives, searching for it. Some find it, others get to the grave and will have never found it. Could it be, maybe, you're living your purpose right now?

Rory and I were talking about the thought of our generations just being recycled. We are born into the world, leave whatever footprint we think is important for the next in line of our family, and we move on down the line until we die decades later, leaving our children and grandchildren to do the same thing. Some follow our footprints in a straight line, others might drift off creating their own path, but eventually get back on the same one, which leads to the end of their life span. It's like a conveyor belt. It goes multiple directions, but everything ends up in a box, shipped to their destination.

Watching the republican debate the other night had me thinking heavily about what's important to the people of this nation. I've written about this before here and I'd like to think I'm still living the life I want to live and fighting for the things I've always fought for. My wish is for people in my life to do the same thing. See what's important to you, hold on to it, and never let go.

We live in a scary world right now. I, personally, am living in a city ranked 7 in a list of 10 worst cities to live in. When it comes to crime, we are ranked 16th highest in the nation. And sure, eventually most cities are going to be unsafe and those numbers are going to rise quickly, but that won't take away what I believe to be my purpose in life. I'll still be the best mother I can be, and God willing some day, the best wife I can be.

When that conveyor belt ends, I'd like to think everything I learned will be taken out and left for my son and niece and nephews to pick up and carry on. Learn from my mistakes, as well as the good choices I made. Hold on to what's useful, and discard everything else.

If you haven't already watched the video I posted a couple years ago, I encourage you to. It would be interesting to see what these people wish today in such a volatile part of the world.




"I wish that the whole world could realize what they really are." - Says the guy at 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment