Friday, April 26, 2013

Santa Cruz and Sonoma Coast

I'm writing from the Co-Op in Gualala, where I've been greeted by every person who walks by. While sitting here at the window, drinking my vanilla latte, a homeless man walked by, stopped to make sure he got my attention, smiled, waved, and kept walking. Before here, the lady at the fair trade gift store, gave me a tour of the entire shop with stories about where everything came from. Apparently when your town population is under 200, a tourist is the highlight of any day.

 I stayed in Sonoma County last night after spending two days with Mike in Santa Cruz. Surfed both days and thought my life was over when I mistook a seal for a shark. Other than that, the cold water was bearable and the waves were pretty fun! Photos below are of 26th street where I had the better of two days surfing and Mike putting air in my tires which pretty much captured his personality at it's finest.


The drive up through Sonoma was so pretty, it was hard to keep my eyes on the road. From lush trees near Samuel Taylor, to the Tule Elk Reserve at Pt. Reyes, over steep cliffs through Sonoma Coast State Park, I'm overwhelmed with the beauty of this coast! 



"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." - E.E. Cummings 

No comments:

Post a Comment