Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love the Wine You're With

The photo to the left got me thinking about all the multiple meanings and while I love the connection to wine, it made me think about all the people in my life.

This last weekend, I went back up to San Francisco for a run put on by the SF Runner's Club. My friend Mike is trying to meet new people so the running club is a great tool.

We were running late after breakfast and in such a hurry to get to the starting line, we left Zeke and Christina who were lagging and told them to meet us there (which we all knew was unrealistic). About 3 miles in, trying to catch up to the club, it dawned on me: we had the only company we needed.

Zeke and Christina ended up doing the run on their own pace, enjoying the scenery and each others company while Mike and I were running a 6:30 pace, barely speaking to each other because we were trying to catch up to a bunch of people who we didn't know. By the end of it, we didn't even feel like meeting the rest of the club for beers and ended up with the people we originally left.

Sometimes the people we have been looking for are right in front of us but we're too busy in our lives trying to find them, we're blind to that realization. One of my pastor's back home taught me "the grass isn't greener on the other side; it's green where you water it."

No comments:

Post a Comment