Thursday, October 6, 2011

Runaway Weekend

I originally had my eyes set on Panama over Labor Day weekend and after checking the rainy weather and lack of swell, I decided if I wasn't going to surf, I may as well lay in the sun. So I went to Maui.

I stayed at Kaanapali Maui Resort which was pretty awesome since it was free. Not much to do there at all except paddle board and let's be honest, you can only do that for so long before you get bored. It was good, I needed to get away for a while and the highlight of my trip was seeing my girl Carly.





Car worked with me at Red Bull and I can't think of a better person than her. Her hugs are what she's known for and I soaked up as many of those as I could in 2 days. She's just good people and I thank God for her because she reminds me of what having a free spirit is all about.


I didn't do much besides eat large sums of food and Kona Pie (which should be illegal and never allowed in my hands). The best thing I've ever had in my life was Hawaiian toast from a tiny cafe in Haiku called Kombucha. It's dehydrated coconut, almond butter (my fave), whipped coconut, banana and pureed raspberries. No joke... insane.







When I got home, I told my boss I was quitting in 1 year from that weekend. Seeing Car in Hawaii and living so simply was enough push for me. I've wanted to go to Australia for awhile and I've been looking for jobs and stacking my chips so in a year I can take off. I'd like to spend a month in Sumbawa and cruise around Southeast Asia a bit.








"To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable" - Helen Keller 



No comments:

Post a Comment