Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Keep a Green Tree in Your Heart and Perhaps a Singing Bird Will Come.


Life on The Toledo: It's been 2 years on The Toledo and I'm not gonna lie, I'm anxious to move on and into a place of my own but it's days like Sunday that keep me happy. My girls have been my rock over the last month and sitting outside on the lawn in our party pants is just one of the few memories I'll take with me. They remind me I can't do things on my own. Lo reminds me God has a plan and Bertman reminds me how to let go of the small things and lean on the people who love me most.

Loseph
Bertman and I in our "party pants"
Jayme, is my entire world right now. She walks now even though she looks as if she was over-served at the milk bar. She laughs and when she sees me (or any watch) she says "be-ba." Only 14 months and she's already turned into a little person. Sis doesn't exactly approve of the way I let her feed herself yogurt, or the fact I taught her to jump on my bed like a monkey, but hey... :-) 


Alex and I have started going to this church downtown called The Garden. It's upstairs at Cohiba which is kind of funny to me. Saturday night, people are drinking, smoking and doing God knows what just to turn it around 8 hours later into holy ground. The people are so real and I would love to make this church my home. Bill, the pastor has a lot of good points and one that stuck with me this week is "if you can't learn to be content without something, how will you ever learn to be content with it?" This spoke to me especially after this crazy month.

At the end of the week, I'm still reminded of my priorities and guidelines. Pray deeply every day even for those you wish not to, keep God first, family second, myself third.




Bible verse of the week: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.   Love never fails."

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh nugget!!! and WHY do you put pictures up with her bink?! soooo not cute! fantastic post title ;-)

    ReplyDelete