Monday, February 2, 2009

In Search of Something New..


Too many people settle for the life they have. I'm not settling and I don't believe I ever will. I am bored, and I need new adventure. After experiencing Central America for a few months, I realize that traveling is my passion. Whether I take a day road trip or a month excursion to another country, I'm craving to explore new opportunity. Yes, I have accomplished a lot for a 24 year old girl, but there is a lot more to be done. I want more school, I want a career that challenges me, and I want a family. When I have all those things, I will continue to search for something new to add to my life.

I don't understand how people twice my age have never traveled. They either have never had the opportunity, or they just don't care to escape their little bubble in Orange County. The ignorance of this world is amazing. People have no idea what is out there. What opportunity lies ahead. They simply don't care. They have their office space suffocation from 8am-5pm, with a 30 minute lunch break, get off work and maybe hit the gym,  go home, eat dinner, go to sleep and do it all over again.

Many don't care what is out in other parts of the world and are happy driving their Mercedes with nothing to worry about. However deep down, there is a free spirit inside everyone. It's only the small percentage of us who chose to pay attention to it.

2 comments:

  1. Tears...are flowing down my face like a river. I am blown away by how your compassionate heart and love of this life pours out in your words and pictures. I have never been more proud of the beauty you have within and your ability to expose these gifts for all the world to see. For the first time in my life, I am speechless. Write on Rebecca, keep opening hearts. I love you. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Becca!! Nonnie and I share your outlook. Love you

    ReplyDelete