Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Way to Love

My brother told me on Christmas how much he admires my selfless love. He said even when my heart is broken, I still go out of the way to make everyone happy. This made me happy to read but also made me re-think about the way I treat myself.

After a huge life change last year, I realized I need to love myself before I can truly love or be loved.

This year, my new years resolution is going to be loving myself more and sometimes even being selfish. I do a lot of things for people even if it makes me unhappy. I've always found joy in other people being happy which I won't ever change, but I think this year I really need to focus on me and what makes me happy.

My favorite Bible verse about love: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment